All IFC Hikes start at the Islamic Forum of Canada (200 Advance Blvd, Brampton, ON).
We will leave 15 min after the allotted start time.
Who’s allowed to come:
- Men and Women
- Ages 13-60
- Under 13, and over 60 cannot attend without express approval previously arranged with the Hike Leader (email@example.com)
- If you have any medical issue, please discuss with the Hike Leader ahead of time.
Islamic Attire is a given.
Men: Covered from elbows to knees.
Women: Hijab and loose clothing to wrist and ankles.
- Full Sleeve shirts for men/women to prevent bugs, sun burn, preserve heat.
- Full pants to ankles to prevent bugs, sun burn
- Hat to protect face from the sun
- Sturdy shoes or boots + Thick Socks
- Not allowed: Sandals, open type shoes, dress shoes
- Rain Conditions: Recommended: Rain proof Jacket (Available from the Dollar Store), waterproof pants, water proof socks and shoes
- Cold Weather: Make sure your shoes can handle dampness and cold
General Rule for Cold Weather:
|Temperature Range||Layers for Legs||Layers for Upper Body||Notes|
|Above 10C||1||1||Wet Gear|
|5 to10 C||1||2|
|0 to 5||1-2||2-3|
|-15 to 0||3-4||3-4|
|Below -15||n/a||n/a||Not Recommended for Hiking|
Reference Material for cold weather hiking:
Tools to Bring Hiking:
- Edible Items
- Fruits (slice apples, strawberries, oranges, etc)
- Water Canteen or a water bottle (500ml)
- Thermos(tea, coffee, hot chocolate)
- Cellphone for Emergencies
- Optional Items to Bring: Camera
- Hikers will not leave any garbage behind while hiking
- Hikers will be self sufficient and not require any gear or food from others
- Hikers should be generally silent or speak in low volumes
- Hikers should not be a disturbance when out in the wild